Reactos can access google !!!!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

uniQ

Post by uniQ »

What does Ffx do on ROS these days?

-uniQ
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

Gekko/Mozilla :))))) Nice work, that is a real browser that is working!
avryhof

Gecko

Post by avryhof »

Now that is truly Superb. I ike the idea of Integrating the Mozilla Control into ReactOS. Especially since it's exports, methods and such are compatible with the IE ones.

Just don't try to make it into the whole GUI. Keep Mozilla where it belongs, on the Internet, and keep Explorer where it belongs away from the Internet

....well....unless you want to make it so we can map FTP and Gmail as drives..that would be sweet
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

Could you add the Mozilla ActiveX control to ReactOS with a wrapping dummy IE ActiveX control. That way programs reliant on the IE one will now work.
avryhof

Post by avryhof »

Phalanx wrote:Could you add the Mozilla ActiveX control to ReactOS with a wrapping dummy IE ActiveX control. That way programs reliant on the IE one will now work.
The only issue I can see with this is the fact that alot of applications that require IE also use IE Specific ActiveX controls within their products.

For example, Trend Antivirus Enterprise edition has an autorun program that needs IE, and installs what looks like a plethora of custom ActiveX controls to present you with the 5 options they actually offer in it seems as many ways as possible.

However, I can see what you are getting at. Imagine using Outlook Express and the Mozillacontrol loading in the View Pane (or in OE Pain) to show you your E-Mail. ... Or one of these ugly hacks that people release to add tabbed browsing or whatever to IE.

I would imagine that as long as the MozillaControl is registered AS the IE Control some Apps will work....for the rest, there is the converter on the MozillaControl official Web site.
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

Well, there are 2 projects for Gekko that allows ActiveX controls to run in Gekko like IE, then add that to the Mozilla ActiveX control and add that to ReactOS. Then all you have to do is add a fake IE control that links the calls to the Mozilla one, and if the IE one has a high version number, there would be no problems of it being over written. The Mozilla ActiveX control accepts the same calls as the IE one.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Mozilla ActiveX Control

Post by Jaix »

Dr. Fred wrote:Here is the mailing list posting
1. Add urlmon and shdocvw to the build
2. wget the mozilla control from there

"Url"="http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/mozcontrol"

3. Install the control (It may fail a few times)
4. Copy msvcr70.dll to reactos\system32
5. start cmd.exe and cd to C:\program files\Mozilla ActiveX Control .....
6. type explorer
7. hit the webbutton
I have tried this in sooooo many versions since then, but I havn't succeded in getting the Mozilla ActiveX Control to work or even install correctly, what do I do wrong? Does someone have a magic wand to my aid?
Jaix
Moderator Team

Mozilla ActiveX Control errormessage

Post by Jaix »

Mozilla ActiveX Control errormessage
Perhaps it would be good to add an errormessage or two...
...these errormessages comes up during install when the service is trying to register something in the far end of the installation.
Nightly Build: 14530
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
theuserbl

Re: Reactos can access google !!!!

Post by theuserbl »

bratao wrote:This screenshot send by a friend, look that this space is from Filip Navara, thanks a lot man !!!!keep the good work !!1

[ external image ]
Hmmm... the other screenshots at http://www.volny.cz/xnavara/ are looking also nice.

For example the OpenOffice.org Install-Screenshot:
[ external image ]

Or the running OOo:
[ external image ]

And he have a ROS on dillo, too:
[ external image ]

Or Powerpoint:
[ external image ]

I like screenshots. And on his side are some of them
Duck

Awesome!!!

Post by Duck »

Now people will start looking at ROS.

Why dont you guys spread the work (screenshots) to OSnews? They seem to be on top of every new on the os/oss area. And there are a lot of skilled people in their audience!!

Doesnt ROS have someone taking care of the "marketing"???

Keep up the exelent work!!! :D
sebastiaan

Re: Mozilla ActiveX Control

Post by sebastiaan »

Jaix wrote:I have tried this in sooooo many versions since then, but I havn't succeded in getting the Mozilla ActiveX Control to work or even install correctly, what do I do wrong? Does someone have a magic wand to my aid?
I tried installing the Mozilla control this afternoon. It seems you have to manualy register the control before ibrowser.exe can use it.

Register the control by using cmd.exe to cd to the "Mozilla ActiveX..." directory, and type "regsvr32.exe mozctl.dll".
Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: Mozilla ActiveX Control

Post by Jaix »

Sebastiaan wrote: I tried installing the Mozilla control this afternoon. It seems you have to manualy register the control before ibrowser.exe can use it.

Register the control by using cmd.exe to cd to the "Mozilla ActiveX..." directory, and type "regsvr32.exe mozctl.dll".
So this is supposed to be like this?

1. Add urlmon and shdocvw to the build
2. wget the mozilla control from there

"Url"="http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/mozcontrol"

3. Install the control (It may fail a few times)
4. Copy msvcr70.dll to reactos\system32
5. start cmd.exe and cd to C:\program files\Mozilla ActiveX Control .....
6. type regsvr32 mozctl.dll
7. type explorer (or ibrowser)
8. hit the webbutton
Gedi

Post by Gedi »

we are currently considering a few ideas for having the mozilla control either auto-install when you open ibrowser for the first time, or running a seperate program, maybe via the package manager.

You'll still need to set up your own IP details and ensure you have network connectivity first.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Mozilla ActiveX and status of the DHCP-client...

Post by Jaix »

Gedi wrote:we are currently considering a few ideas for having the mozilla control either auto-install when you open ibrowser for the first time, or running a seperate program, maybe via the package manager.

You'll still need to set up your own IP details and ensure you have network connectivity first.
I think this is a really good idea, it should be really easy so more people could start testing.

Talking about setting IP, what is the status of the DHCP-client?
Haos
Test Team

Re: Reactos can access google !!!!

Post by Haos »

Bump for great justice!